Fraud Essentials is designed to explain fraudsters' motivations and methods, as well as ways to identify, detect, prevent, and mitigate fraudulent activities. Fraud trends and risk mitigation best practices are also presented. This course is designed to give new fraud investigators and analysts a solid foundation of knowledge for their position, and to give eCommerce professionals who are new to risk mitigation a thorough introduction to online fraud prevention.
The Fraud Essentials course addresses nine objectives:
- Define and summarize fraud
- Identify and describe fraudsters, fraud motivations, and fraud attack methods
- Differentiate between internal and external fraudsters
- Explain the payment, product, and technology ecosystems
- Distinguish, analyze, and classify fraud methods and issues
- Evaluate and apply fraud prevention methods
- Employ techniques to mitigate and respond to fraud
- Apply best practices
- Discuss and explain fraud trends
Fraud Essentials is available at a special introductory price of only $99 for MRC members (plus applicable taxes) until August 31, 2020. MRC members may purchase the course for $399 (plus applicable taxes) after August 31. Non-members may take the course at the non-member price of $599 (plus applicable taxes). To take the Fraud Essentials course, please visit the MRC RAPID Edu Registration page.